Views:1 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-05-26 Origin:Site
Let's see why heat exchangers scale? When the equipment is running, its environment is one of the reasons for scaling. that Well, let's take a look at the common types of dirt?
1. Particle fouling: the accumulation of solid particles suspended in a fluid on the surface of a product. This kind of fouling also includes the precipitation layer formed by the gravity action of large solid particles on the horizontal heat exchange surface, that is, the deposition of the so-called heat exchanger precipitation fouling and other colloidal particles.
2. Crystalline fouling: deposits formed by crystallization of inorganic salts dissolved in fluids on the surface of products, usually during supersaturation or cooling. Typical fouling such as calcium carbonate, calcium sulfate and silicon dioxide on the cooling water side.
3. Chemical reaction fouling: fouling produced by chemical reaction on the heat transfer surface of heat exchanger. The material of heat transfer surface may not participate in the reaction, but it can be used as a catalyst for chemical reaction.
4. Corrosion fouling: fouling caused by corrosion of heat exchanger surface by some corrosive fluid. Generally, the degree of corrosion depends on the composition of the fluid, the temperature and the pH value of the treated fluid.
5. Biological fouling: in addition to seawater cooling device, general biological fouling refers to microbial fouling. It may produce slime, which in turn provides conditions for the propagation of biological fouling. Once the conditions are suitable, a considerable thickness of fouling layer can be generated.
6. Solidification fouling: fouling formed by solidification of fluid on the surface of a subcooled heat exchanger.